Looking for the perfect opportunity to grow your business and expand your skills? Rosebud Boutique Salon has an opening!
Who we are:
Come join Rosebud Boutique Salon in beautiful Troutdale, Oregon near the Columbia River Gorge. We are a family business, native owned and inclusion minded. We constantly invest in our business through education, and we are looking for someone with the same drive to continually grow and evolve as a stylist. We use Kevin Murphy products, and specialize in gorgeous blondes, natural looking extensions, and lived in color.
What we need:
We are seeking a talented and motivated hair stylist to join our! This would be a growth opportunity working as a Hair Stylist/Assistant, and is perfect for someone looking to refine their skills and expand their experience behind the chair.
This role would primarily assist the full time owner/stylists with a variety of tasks, including greeting customers, and shampooing and styling customer hair. You would mentor directly under the current hair stylists, while continuing to learn and building clientele.
Hair Stylist Assistant Duties and Responsibilities
Daily job tasks performed by hair stylist assistants vary based on the services scheduled that day. The following job duties are common:
- Greet Clients and welcome them to the salon; during COVID, assist with sign in and explaining safe protocols
- Answer incoming phone text, messages, DM and schedule customers for appointments
- Hair stylist assistants greet and welcome incoming clients and direct them to begin their service
- Shampoo Hair, style hair, and otherwise assist stylists as directed
- Assist in photos and other salon marketing activities; willingness to learn social media marketing
- Assist in maintaining a clean and sanitary work environment, including but not limited to: sweeping floors, taking out the trash, wiping down styling and hair washing stations, sterilizing all styling tools after use and station reset. Hair stylist assistants also wash and dry smocks, towels, and other fabrics used.
- Take direction from master stylist/mentor to learn color theory and formulation
- Other responsibilities as needed
Skills and Qualifications:
- Licensed stylist and knowledge of current industry trends is required, however direct salon experience not required
- Desire to work with people and ability to provide excellent customer service and anticipate customer needs
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to converse with customers about the hairstyle they want, any problems they may have styling their hair, and other hair care issues
- Must be able to stand for the majority of the day; some physical stamina is required to perform this job
- Must be able to juggle multiple tasks at once and remain calm under pressure
- Strong organization skills to keep inventory and work areas neat and well organized
- Ability to effectively schedule your day, understanding the length of time certain treatments take, to most efficiently plan and best serve customers
- Proficient in the latest social media and web technology; able to assist with branding and marketing preferred, or willingness to learn
- Experience completing a client consultation, or willingness to learn
- Ability and willingness to maintain a professional appearance at all times, understanding that hair style in particular is a reflection of our business
- Go-getter attitude with the ability to take initiative and take direction from others
Why should you apply?
We are an established business with a busy book of clients. This is a great opportunity to grow your business, continue learning and – bonus – your mentor stylist will be covering part of your monthly lease payment in exchange for assistant duties during the duration of your mentorship (timeframe to be mutually agreed upon). We would consider either full time or part time availability, and the final candidate would need to be flexible, to adjust to the needs of our clients. Our vision is for the ideal candidate to work one day per week assisting the lead stylist, and the remaining time dedicated to your own clients.
Speaking of ideal fit… What would make you a good fit?
- You are passionate about quality!
- You love seeking out trends and mastering them
- You are client-focused and aim to provide the best salon experience
- You are a great team player, willing to work together to contribute to the success of the salon
Send resumes, Instagram handle, portfolio, and/or other examples of your work to: email@example.com